- The centrality of writing: Making a difference in the academy. Staff seminar series. University of Bath, UK. 30 January 2019.
- Interaction in academic writing. Staff seminar series. Jilin University, China. 22nd April 2020.
- Methods and methodologies in language research. Staff seminar series. Jilin University, China. 20th October 2018.
- Working with Writing. Faculty of Education Seminar Series. University of Sheffield. 12th September 2018.
- Re-imagining Instruction: Specificity and EAP writing. Staff seminar series. Jilin University, China. 26th April 2018.
- Academic interaction: where’s it all going? Faculty of Education Seminar Series. University of East Anglia. 15th November 2017.
Tramadol Cheapest 2016
Disciplinary specificity and academic writing: reimagining tertiary EAP. Hong Kong Assn of Applied Linguistics AGM. PolyU, Hong Kong. 29 Sept, 2016.
Academic publishing and the myth of linguistic disadvantage. Watz Memorial Lecture Pennsylvania State University. Sept 19-22, 2016
“Teaching writing at university”. University of Technology, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 28 July, 2016
“Writing for publication”. University of Technology, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 25 July, 2016
“Genre: theory, analysis and pedagogy”. Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia. March 14, 2016
“Feedback on writing: Advice from research”. Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia. March 14, 2016
“Writing for publication in Applied linguistics journals”. Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia. March 16, 2016
Writing for International Publication in Applied Linguistics and EFL Journals. Faces of English Conference. University of Hong Kong. June 11-13, 2015
Peer review: Objective screening or wishful thinking? Writing for scholarly publication symposium. City University of Hong Kong. 22-23 May, 2015
PhDs in EAP: Panel Session. British Assn of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP) conference. University of Leicester. 17 &19 April 2015
A critical reflection on research methods in writing. American Association for Applied Linguistics Conference. Toronto, Canada. March 21-24, 2015
Specificity and EAP: Writing in the disciplines. see American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Feedback to L2 writers: What, how and why bother? TESOL Arabia Conference. Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 12-14 March, 2015
Teaching and researching genre. TESOL Arabia Conference. Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 12-14 March, 2015
Re-imagining the curriculum : English in the discipline. Contextual Diversity in Language Teaching and Learning conference. National University of Malaysia, 5-6 February, 2015
Faculty feedback: Writing to learn? 5th Language Education Symposium. Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. 2nd February, 2015
Feedback on writing: Faculty and student perceptions. CAES Seminar series. Hong Long University. January 21, 2015
- Feedback to L2 writers: What, how and why bother? ETA International Symposium. Chien Tan Conference Centre, Taipei; November 14-16, 2014
- Advice from the editors: publishing in humanities journals (with Brian Paltridge) Sydney Seminar Series. University of Sydney, Australia. 21st-23rd August, 2014
- Publishing in English literature and linguistics journals. Seminar on Publishing. University of Stockholm, Sweden. June 9th -10th , 2014
- Advice from the editors: publishing in humanities journals. (with Brian Paltridge) CAES Seminar Series, Hong Kong University. Jan 24, 2014
enter site 2013
- Genre and writing: core principles of teaching and research. Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, 17th March, 2013.
- What do students make of feedback? (workshop) The Second International Conference on ELT in the Islamic World. Iran Language Institute, Tehran, Iran.
- Performing identity in applied linguistics. A corpus approach. Seminar Series. Lingnan University, Hong Kong. 5 Nov, 2012.
- Genre: research into practice in language education (workshop) International Communication Studies and Applied Linguistics Conference. University of Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana. 8-13 July 2012 2012
What have we learnt so far? Reflections on curriculum reform. Research into Practice: 3rd Conference on Language Education in HK. Hong Kong University. 1 June, 2012.
- Genre analysis and writing instruction: some connections. LCC Roundtable on Academic Writing. Nanyang Technological University, 1-3rd Dec, 2011.
- Messages in feedback Workshop. Pan Asian Conference, English Teachers Assn, Taipei, Taiwan. 13-15th November.
- Disciplinary specificity in EAP writing. AILA Conference, Beijing, China. 23-28 August, 2011.
Talking to readers: interactions in professional and popular science writing. University of Malaya, Kula Lumpur, Malaysia. 9th May, 2011.
Formative feedback: instruction through commentary. University of Malaya, Kula Lumpur, Malaysia. 13th May, 2011.
- Productive feedback practices. ESP International Conference. Shih Chien University, Taipei, Taiwan. April 23-24, 2011.
- Community and creativity: a corpus approach to identity in academic writing. Pearling Appliable Linguistics seminar, City University of Hong Kong, 26 November, 2010.
- Genre analysis: theory, analysis and pedagogy. University of Modena, Italy, 9 June, 2010.
- “Dinosaur teens were keen on sex”: proximity in professional and popular science. CAES Seminar Series. Hong Kong University. 14 April, 2010.
- Identity construction in applied linguistics. Hong Kong Association of Applied Linguistics Seminar Series. Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. 20 January, 2010.
- Getting published in Applied Linguistics. University of Malaya, 18-22 May, 2009.
- Academic writing – language variation and interactive practices. Annual Conference of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Denver, CO, USA. 24-28 March, 2009.
- Negotiating with readers: popular and professional proximity. UniversidadPolitécnica de Madrid. 16 December, 2008.
- Teaching and researching genre: academic writing in the disciplines. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. 16 December, 2008.
- Disciplinarity and identity in applied linguistics. UniversidadPolitécnica de Madrid. 15 December, 2008.
- Being Swales and Cameron: constructing identity in applied linguistics. University of Leeds Seminar Series. 21 October, 2008.
- We are what we write: the role of writing in the academy. ESADE University seminar series, Barcelona, 14 October, 2008.
- Genre analysis and student writers. University of Malaya Seminar. 8 May, 2008.
- What is writing and how can we research it? University of Malaya Seminar.6 May, 2008.
- Discourses and the disciplines. Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain 30 April, 2008.
- Writing in the academy – role, purpose and value. Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain. 29 April, 2008.
- Different strokes for different folks: specificity in EAP. American Assn for Applied Linguistics Annual Conference. Washington, DC, USA. 29 March-1 April, 2008.
- Effective responses: the theory and practice of feedback on writing. Second International Symposium for English Language Teachers, Centre for English Language Communication (CELC), National University of Singapore. 30 May-1 June, 2007.
- Understanding writing: texts, writers and readers. Roehampton University. 2 November, 2005.
- Interaction in academic discourse. LANSPAN Colloquium. University of Groningen, The Netherlands. 24 May, 2005.
- What is interactive about academic discourse? University of Leeds Research Seminar Series. 25 November, 2004.
- Investigating academic literacies. Academic Literacies research Group, Institute of Education, University of London. 16 March, 2004.
- Stance and Engagement: towards a model of academic literacy. Cross-London Seminar in Language and Literacy, King’s College, London University. 2 March, 2004.
- Interaction in academic discourse. Reading University Applied Linguistics Circle. 26 February, 2004.
- Framing feedback in EAP writing. 9th International TESOL Arabia Conference, Dubai, UAE 12-14 March, 2003.
- Discourse analysis in second language writing research. American Association for Applied Linguistics Annual Conference. Salt Lake City, USA. 5-8 April, 2002.
- Writing portfolios in ESP. LSP 2000 Conference. Johor Bahru, Malaysia 12-15 November, 2000.